5 quick lifestyle tips to improve your sperm count
- Look after your health-eat a healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and don't smoke.
- Get to and maintain a healthy weight-if you are overweight or underweight it can reduce both the sperm count and the health of the sperm.
- Have sex regularly to maintain a fresh supply of sperm-there is no need to save it up
- Keep your laptop off your lap-laptops produce a lot of heat which can cause overheating to the scrotum which is very bad news for sperm. Laptop trays are available which aim to reduce this effect, but our advice is to put the laptop on a desk or table.
- Get enough sleep-burning the candle at both ends is not good for sperm production.
More fertility tips
There are lots of things that can affect your sperm production and lots of other lifestyle changes that you can make to help optimise your fertility and increase your chances of conceiving.
We hope you've found these male fertility tips useful . If you would like to find out more about how you can maximise your sperm production, we have more information about improving male fertility here
Check your your sperm count at home with FertilitySCORE
If you would like to check your sperm count we have a very accurate and reliable home male fertility test kit called FertilitySCORE that you can use to check your count. This home fertility test is unique in that it only counts the healthy active sperm.