What is Pre-Seed?
Pre-Seed lubricant was the first commercial lubricant developed by a sperm physiologist Dr Joanna Ellington to provide a safe and supportive environment for sperm. Pre-Seed Inventor Dr. Joanna Ellington, widely known as "Dr. E," is a renowned scientist on the global stage, specialising in sexual medicine and sperm physiology. Her impressive body of work comprises more than 75 publications, and she is also the author of the acclaimed book titled "Slippery When Wet."
Pre-Seed doesn't hinder their journey to fertilize the egg. It was developed as a safe alternative for couples trying to conceive, because many traditional water and oil based lubricants were shown to reduce sperms ability to reach the right place for fertilisation to occur.
When to Use Pre-Seed
Pre-Seed is best used during the fertile time of the month, which includes the days leading up to ovulation and during ovulation itself. For the rest of the month, you can continue using your regular water-based lubricant, as long as it is not spermicidal. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can use Pre-Seed throughout the month.
Pre-Seed Application Timing
If you choose to use the vaginal applicator, it is recommended to apply Pre-Seed approximately 15 minutes before intercourse. This allows the lubricant to properly coat the vaginal walls and provide a suitable environment for sperm.
How to Apply Pre-Seed
Pre-Seed can be used as an external lubricant during foreplay and intercourse, or it can be applied via the vaginal applicator, or even a combination of both methods. The amount you use depends on your natural lubrication. If you experience sufficient arousal and lubrication, you might not need to use the applicators at all.
Using the Vaginal Applicator
To fill the Pre-Seed vaginal applicators correctly, follow these steps:
- Ensure the applicator plunger is fully pushed in before starting.
- Remove the lid from the Pre-Seed tube, making sure to keep it safe as it needs to be replaced after use to prevent drying.
- Twist the vaginal applicator onto the threads of the Pre-Seed tube and gently squeeze the lubricant into the applicator.
- Squeeze from the bottom to avoid wasting any lubricant. The amount you choose to use is flexible; you can start with filling up to the 3g fill line and adjust as needed.
- Unscrew the tube from the applicator, making sure the applicator remains upright to prevent leakage.
- Recap the tube.
- Insert the vaginal applicator into the vagina until it's about halfway in.
- Slowly push the plunger to release the lubricant. Take your time; there's no rush.
- After use, discard the applicator; it's essential not to reuse them to avoid the risk of infection.
Applying Pre-Seed without an Applicator
If you don't have any applicators left, you can still use Pre-Seed as an external lubricant. Apply it to yourself or your partner using your fingers.
Finding the Right Amount
More is not necessarily better. The ideal amount of Pre-Seed to use varies for each person. It's a matter of trial and error to find what works best for you. Many women find that filling the applicator between the 2-3g fill line provides the right amount of lubrication.
For the best chance of conception, consider staying in bed and resting after intercourse. Avoid engaging in strenuous activities immediately. Give the sperm the opportunity to travel and fertilize the egg.
Best of luck, and enjoy the process of trying to conceive!