The latest generation home male fertility test kit
ALLTEST SP-10 male fertility rapid home test kit offers the highest overall accuracy of any home sperm testing kit. The Acrosomal protein SP-10 chromatographic immunoassay sperm test kit is a very accurate and specific home fertility test for men to check their sperm count. At just £9.95 it also offers great value for money
- 98.20% overall accuracy
- 98.30% relative specificity
- 98.10% relative sensitivity
What is SP10 Acrosomal Protein?
- This male fertility kit tests a fresh semen sample by quantitatively detection Acrosomal protein SP-10 found on the surface membranes of human sperm.
- It is the first rapid chromatographic immunoassay to utilise this protein as an accurate indicator of viable sperm concentrations.
What is the significance of sperm concentration to fertility
- Sperm concentrations are one of the primary factors used by doctors to diagnose male infertility.
- Abnormally low production of viable sperm cells accounts for close to 40% of total infertility which in turn affects 15% of couples at any one time while trying to conceive.
- SP-10 is a protein specific to male germ cells and cannot be found in other cells, making it a very specific marker for measuring sperm.
- The test immunoassay is set to give a positive result when sperm concentrations exceed 15 million sperm per ml of ejaculate.
Why 15 million per ml?
- 15 million / ml sperm concentration is the level currently agreed by the World Health Organisation as the minimum level or concentration of sperm required for normal fertility in a man.
How common is male infertility or sub-fertility
- Sperm counts are dropping globally for a variety of factors.
- Male fertility is a rising contributor to overall infertility, especially in Europe.
- Most fertility clinics will not investigate sub-fertility or infertility concerns before couples have tried to conceive for at least 12 months.
How to use the SP10 fertility test for men
- The semen sample should be collected between 3 and 7 days from the last ejaculation.
- The sperm sample must be left for 60 minutes to liquefy before commencing the test.
- The entire test procedure takes around one and a half hours to complete.
- The SP10 male fertility test is intended to be used as a preliminary test and abnormal results should be discussed with your Doctor.
- Note: the SP10 male fertility test kit cannot be used as a screen for infertility post vasectomy, as the 15M/ml cut off level is too high.