Ten simple lifestyle changes that may improve fertility
- Manage your weight-being overweight or underweight impacts male fertility negatively and can reduce both sperm count and motility
- Stop smoking
- Don't over exercise-moderate exercise is good but be careful not to over do it. Some sports like cycling can cause over heating of the groin area
- If you are on any prescription medications check with your doctor if they can affect your fertility
- Avoid taking anabolic steroids as these can reduce fertility
- Avoid any recreational drugs including alcohol or illegal drug use
- Say no to hot baths and saunas as they overheat the sperm
- Get enough sleep and rest-make time to relax as stress and poor sleep can impact your fertility negatively
- No laptops on your lap as they cause overheating of the testicles which damages the sperm
- Have sex regularly to keep your sperm fresh and active.
How to check your sperm count
We have a range of home male fertility test kits available to buy online through this site that either check sperm count alone or sperm count and motility.